HeaderAfriSam South Africa Pty Ltd is one of the largest suppliers of construction-related materials, specialising in the production of Cement, Aggregate and Readymix Concrete. Operating in six Southern African countries, the company offers a wide scope of career opportunities and exposure to best practices. At AfriSam South Africa we recognise that talented and enthusiastic people are the basis of our ongoing success.
Division:Aggregate and Readymix Operations
Reporting to the IT Support Services Manager, the incumbent will be based at KwaZulu-Natal, responsible for KZN.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing a comprehensive first and second line IT support to users in terms of the standards set in the Service Level Agreement.
- First line server and networking equipment support
- Support of PCs linked to industrial systems
- Resolving user requests through the application of the required level of technical knowledge and expertise.
- General housekeeping with regards to cabling, safety and power connections.
- Accurate update of service desk response and resolve records as well as capturing of sufficient detail of incidents to enable proper trend analysis of recurring underlying problems.
- After hour availability as per job responsibility and requirements.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A three year IT Diploma (NQF level 5).
- An IT certification (eg. MCSE / CCNA) will be advantageous.
- Five years experience in supporting IT in an industrial environment
- Good knowledge of server, desktop, laptop and printer hardware.
- Good understanding of Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Active Directory
- Possession of a valid code B drivers licence
Skills and Knowledge:
- Good understanding of LAN/WAN networks
- Good understanding of Android and iOS based mobile devices.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office and web-based applications.
- Some understanding of Apple Mac will be advantageous.
- Customer service orientation, good verbal communication skills, self-starter, results driven, energetic, committed approach to helping users.
- Good knowledge of IP Telephony and contact centre operations
- Own reliable transport is essential
- Preference will be given to residents of Durban and surrounding areas
Please forward your application and resume to Zipporah Tshelane at fax no 011 670 5723 or
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and use IT Technician III as reference in your email.