HeaderAfriSam South Africa Pty Ltd is one of the largest suppliers of construction-related materials, specialising in the production of Cement, Aggregate and Readymix Concrete. Operating in six Southern African countries, the company offers a wide scope of career opportunities and exposure to best practices. At AfriSam South Africa we recognise that talented and enthusiastic people are the basis of our ongoing success.
Division:Aggregate and Readymix Operations
- Preparing and submitting company tax and VAT returns for the company and the group companies (where required)
- Management and monitoring of the accounting systems to ensure taxes are calculated according to prescribed rates, laws and regulations.
- Ensuring that the company and fellow group companies comply with the periodic tax payments, information reporting and other tax authority requirements
- Conducting tax research and making recommendations for the improvement of the taxation processes to ensure compliance with all applicable tax legislation and regulations.
- Management of full taxation function of the Company and Group companies to ensure compliance to laws and regulations in order for the Group not to be unduly exposed to taxation risk
- Handling all tax queries and audits from revenue authorities
- Provide professional support required from a dedicated tax resource for all tax related queries (direct and indirect taxes)
Experience and Qualifications:
- Comm Honours and/or Postgraduate diploma in taxation or equivalent or CA (SA)
- Minimum six years experience in taxation function with main area of expertise in company taxation, VAT and PAYE
- High general business acumen
- Knowledge of SAP modules FI(Finance) and FA (Fixed Assets), SAP BPC an advantage
Skills and Knowledge:
- Expert problem solving and analytical skills
- Must display above average interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to interact with top management level and stakeholders;
- Good planning, organizing, and monitoring skills with attention to detail and deadline driven.
Please forward your application and rÃ©sumÃ© to e-mail to email@example.com and use Tax Accountant as reference in your email.