HeaderAfriSam South Africa Pty Ltd is one of the largest suppliers of construction-related materials, specialising in the production of Cement, Aggregate and Readymix Concrete. Operating in six Southern African countries, the company offers a wide scope of career opportunities and exposure to best practices. At AfriSam South Africa we recognise that talented and enthusiastic people are the basis of our ongoing success.
Location:CM KZN South, Coedmore Quarry
- Managing the drilling/ blasting/hauling contractors to ensure that contract deliverables are achieved.
- Supervising the production activities of fixed and mobile plant operators in the aggregate production process to achieve the required volumes and quality standards
- Ensuring effective planning ensuring that daily targets are met at minimum costs.
- Compliance to all statutory (MHSA) and company SHE requirements.
- Minimising undesirable environmental impact and rehabilitation of the mine.
- Ensuring that employees and contractors on site are monitored for compliance to safe working practices.
- Optimising the use of the SAP reporting system
- Supervising minor maintenance
- Maintain BMS
Experience and Qualifications:
- Engineering qualification or Production Management Qualification
- National Diploma in Surface mining will be an advantage
- 5 years experience in a Supervisory position in an open cast quarrying environment including hard rock crushing and screening experience
- Blasting Certificate
- Computer literacy essential. SAP PM
Skills and Knowledge:
- Technical knowledge and aptitude, both maintenance and production.
- Team leadership and joint problem solving.
- Delegation and follow-up to ensure performance.
- Development of a high performance production team.
- Strategic Planning and Forecasting
- Quantitative analysis and decision making
Applicants must inform their immediate Manager of their interest in the vacancy. Please forward your application and rÃ©sumÃ© to: firstname.lastname@example.org and use Production Supervisor Coedmore as reference in your email subject.