HeaderAfriSam (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd is one of the largest suppliers of construction-related materials, specialising in the production of Cement, Aggregate and Readymix Concrete. Operating in five Southern African countries, the company offers a wide scope of career opportunities and exposure to best practices. At AfriSam (South Africa) we recognise that talented and enthusiastic people are the basis of our ongoing success.
Location:North West and Northern Cape
- Conduct analyses to understand local/provincial socio-political, socio-economic and relevant legal/regulatory environment in which the Business Unit (BU) operates to inform BU's community development priorities/plans, incl. conducting a social baseline/community needs assessment to understand the local community context.
- Identify, design, plan, manage, implement, monitor and report on Business Units (BU) community development Local Economic Development (LED)/Socio Economic Development (SED)/Enterprise Development (ED) projects according to AfriSams processes and relevant legal/regulatory requirements to ensure effective delivery of community development projects and social return on investment (SROI).
- Provide local insight and contribute to the development of BU community development plan and participate in the development of group community development strategic plan as required.
- Manage community based service providers performance incl. costs, delivery, quality, governance etc. and resolution of internal and external BU community development audit findings
- Identify, analyse, profile and map BU community development internal (cross-functional employees) and external stakeholders (including community, regulators, municipalities), develop/ build and maintain harmonious and sustainable relations with all stakeholders to ensure effective engagement on BU's LED/SED/ED projects and generally community interactions.
- Ensure all initiatives are delivered in accordance with the AfriSam Stakeholder management, Corporate communication & Community Development policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Project Management including the assessment of the viability of proposed LED/SED/ED projects through the application of SROI methodology to determine the forecasted impact on projects
- Develop project proposals, goals, objectives, budgets, milestones and impact
- Ensure financial sustainability of projects
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship management (including local stakeholders including Municipality, relevant government departments etc)
- Chair/facilitate the stakeholder engagement forums
- Build harmonious relations with stakeholders
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Social Science or B Degree
- Certificate First Line Management (Essential/Minimum)
- Certificate Project Management (Recommended/Desirable)
- Certificate in Stakeholder Management (Recommended/Desirable)
- 3-5 Years relevant experience in community development including practical/hands-on project development, management and implementation, budget management and stakeholder engagement. Business development/ enterprise development experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
- In-depth understanding of Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act (MPRDA)/ Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE)/Social and Labour Plan (SLP) guidelines/Local Economic Development (LED) national framework/mining charter/municipality's Integrated Development Plans (IDP) etc.
Demonstrates the following:
- Creativity, collaboration, sociable and awareness to the ecosystem
- Stewardship, accountability, ability to develop trust, safety conscious and ethical
- Ability to respond quickly to business needs/agility, flexibility, continuous learning, innovation and proven ability to experiment on creative business solutions
- Ability to be inclusive, eagerness for multiple skills, embraces multiple cultures, accepts different approaches and be human-centric/empathetic
- Results oriented, quality driven, excellence, entrepreneurial abilities, efficient and effective
Applicants must inform their immediate Manager of their interest in the vacancy. Please forward your application and rÃ©sumÃ© to email@example.com