HeaderAfriSam (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd is one of the largest suppliers of construction-related materials, specialising in the production of Cement, Aggregate and Readymix Concrete. Operating in five Southern African countries, the company offers a wide scope of career opportunities and exposure to best practices. At AfriSam (South Africa) we recognise that talented and enthusiastic people are the basis of our ongoing success.
Location:Shares Services Centre
- Implementation, coordination, reporting and tracking of Supplier Development (SD) initiatives in line with Company policies and aligned to regulatory framework related to Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) and the Mining Charter
- Implementation, coordination, reporting and tracking of supplier transformation plans and annual supplier evaluations for spend with suppliers of goods and services
- Effective execution of the integrated BBBEE strategy, specifically through alignment of Supplier Development
- Plan and implement SD programmes nationally to assist with the transformation drives within the company
- Identify and support commodity-specific initiatives in respect of SD
- Ensure potential SD beneficiaries are engaged to ensure alignment and successful implementation
- Ensure all supplier development agreements are timeously reviewed and signed.
- Maintenance of SD beneficiary information on database
- Coordinate SD training initiatives, liaising with procurement department to ensure all SD training is booked with external service providers and prepare relevant documents for all training sessions.
- Ensure correct BEE Certificates/ Affidavits are submitted by suppliers based on relevant Sector Codes
- Assist procurement team with preparation of documents for annual supplier evaluations
- Coordinate all supplier evaluation meetings with relevant stakeholders, scribing and distributing minutes and follow-up where required
- Ensure administration of Supplier Development and Evaluation tasks
- Ensures communication of success stories and lessons learned on supplier development per regions are collated and communicated to the wider AfriSam community
- SD initiatives are communicated to operational procurement team
- Liaison and coordination with regional Senior Buyers and Procurement Managers on SD initiatives
- Arrange and co-ordinate Steering Committee meetings for Supplier Development Programmes and Supplier Evaluations
- Prepare and distribute all relevant documentation and follow up on submission of Steer Com reports.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A relevant Qualification in a Financial/Commercial/Enterprise and Supplier Development discipline
- Project Management qualification will be an advantage
- 3 years experience in Procurement / ESD function, including at least 2 years' experience in a supply management function or BEE strategy implementation (B-BBEE Project Management, B-BBEE Supplier Development and Supplier Evaluations)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Very good understanding of the relevant BBBEE legislation and Mining Charter
- Understanding of corporate governance of legal entities
- Ability to integrate different disciplines
- Ability to motivate people
- Ability to interact constructively with stakeholders
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Budgeting and forecasting skills.
- Business systems understanding
- Good proposal/report writing skills.
- Project management skills
- Team Player
- Attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Strategic thinking
Applicants must inform their immediate Manager of their interest in the vacancy. Please forward your application and rÃ©sumÃ© to email@example.com