HeaderAfriSam (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd is one of the largest suppliers of construction-related materials, specialising in the production of Cement, Aggregate and Readymix Concrete. Operating in five Southern African countries, the company offers a wide scope of career opportunities and exposure to best practices. At AfriSam (South Africa) we recognise that talented and enthusiastic people are the basis of our ongoing success.
Location:Shares Services Centre
- Provide strategic guidance and support to management to proactively and effectively manage key issues which have social / community/ mining right compliance implications.
- Develop and implement a long term public disclosure and community engagement strategy and plan which encompasses all key grassroots stakeholder groups. This includes developing and maintaining a comprehensive stakeholder map.
- Manage the Companys mining grievance management system ensuring compliance to international best practice.
- Develop and maintain close networks with community based stakeholders including regulators, NGOs / CSOs, district officials and community authorities among others.
- Work closely with the Communications team to develop and execute targeted engagements with key stakeholders in accordance with an agreed strategy
- Manage the Community Development team to ensure the delivery of operational and development work programme requirements.
- Formulate a strategy for (including process, tracking etc.) for the acquisition of reserves, prospecting and mining rights, including preparation, submission and monitoring of progress and compliance with the MPRDA regulations, guidelines and directives
- Management of DMRs audits and inspections
- In close cooperation with the respective Executives, General Managers and other identified stakeholders, contribute to the development of the social aspects / components of the business social management system
- Develop and manage the delivery of specific management plans as they pertain to specific compliance and social performance mitigations / actions as defined
- Drive the adoption and implementation of performance standards as appropriate to ensure management of mining compliance and social impacts pertaining to the Companys operations and risks.
- Contribute to risk assessment exercises as requested (such as sensitive areas).
- Support other Company initiatives which contribute to social performance management as requested and the delivery of field based social investment programmes / projects as required and ensure that social investment initiatives account for community resources / assets / requirements and complement business objectives.
- Participate and contribute to audits / reviews (either internal or external)
- Coordinate, track progress and report on the execution of all transformation strategy interventions (ownership, management control, employment equity, skills development and preferential procurement) across the Company Group - ensuring that Company complies with legislative requirements and aligns to the business strategy and improve the scorecard.
- Coordinate, manage, track progress and report on the execution of all community development projects across the areas where AfriSam does business - ensuring that Company complies with legislative requirements and aligns to the business strategy and mining charter obligations.
- Assist with compilation of responses to draft policies and procedures relating to transformation and in identify transformation risks and develop risk mitigation
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation e.g. Codes/Act and audit and verification processes of Company's BBBEE contributions are conducted on an annual basis Transformation strategy execution
- Facilitate the creation of new suppliers where applicable and support project management of transformation initiatives/projects
- Participate and drive discussions with internal and external stakeholders about progress in implementing the Company transformation plan to highlight major changes, challenges, strategies and action plans
- Provide strategic leadership for ensuring compliance with the Companys B-BBEE and mining rights requirements (including mining rights compliance champions, impact management and community engagement team to achieve its objectives through team empowerment and effective delegation, whilst also contributing to the overall leadership within the business)
- Develop and maintain strong teamwork across the various functions/ operations within the business as well as other cross-functional teams, such as HR, Finance etc. (in relation to mining and social compliance) and strive for continual improvement in team performance.
- Support annual budget cycle, cost forecasting and key social performance contracts as required.
- Preparation and submission of monthly progress report to operations committees, management, the Board and other relevant regulators as may be required.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Social Science or B Degree
- Certificate Project Management
- B-BBEE Course Certificate
- Risk Management Course
- 15 years experience at senior management level in the related field
- Experience and exposure in working within/with government and community
- Operational Experience (advantage)oriented, quality driven, excellence, entrepreneurial abilities, efficient and effective
Skills and Knowledge:
- In-depth understanding of Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act (MPRDA)/ Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE)/Social and Labour Plan (SLP) guidelines/Local Economic Development (LED) national framework/mining charter/municipality's Integrated Development Plans (IDP) etc.
- Ability to formulate and execute strategies relating the ED, LED and CSI.
- Understand SROI and Impact investment philosophies and
- In depth understanding of Share Value approach to community investments.
- Proven record in having drafted and implemented a strategy in social compliance
- Good negotiations skills including strong ethics and conflict management skills
- Strategic and innovative thinker
- Good negotiation skills
- Data Analysis and Financial Skills
- Solutions Based
- Strategy formation and execution
- Strong Ethics
- Conflict Management Skills
Applicants must inform their immediate Manager of their interest in the vacancy. Please forward your application and rÃ©sumÃ© to email@example.com