HeaderAfriSam (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd is one of the largest suppliers of construction-related materials, specialising in the production of Cement, Aggregate and Readymix Concrete. Operating in five Southern African countries, the company offers a wide scope of career opportunities and exposure to best practices. At AfriSam (South Africa) we recognise that talented and enthusiastic people are the basis of our ongoing success.
Location:Shares Services Centre
- Conduct/co-ordinate analyses to understand local/provincial socio-political, socio-economic and relevant legal/regulatory environment in which the Business Units (BU) operate to inform BU's community development priorities/plans, incl. conducting a social baseline/community needs assessment to understand the local community context.
- Support Manager Mining and Social Compliance to embed community development policies, standards, criteria, guidelines, procedures, practices, processes, standards, tools, benchmarks etc. at BU.
- Apply community development governance in operational activities incl. standards to measure impact of community development projects (Social Return on Investments) (SROI))
- Facilitate the development of strategic community development plan and implementation of group community development strategic plan.
- Guide and support the implementation of group community development and BU community development plans.
- Oversee implementation and monitor LED/SED/ED projects, incl. report on progress to GM, Exco;
- Evaluate impact of projects (SROI) at set intervals, prepare documentation to release funds, manage project budget, track expenditure, develop work plans, regular site visits, etc.
- Manage LED/SED/ED projects according to AfriSams community development toolkit from development to closure and ensure that all projects are planned, implemented, reported and monitored according to AfriSams project management methodology, utilising AfriSam project management system.
- Manage level 1 audits on SLP LED projects, corporate level 2 audits, external audits and Department of Mineral Resources (DMR/SLP/LED) audits.
- Facilitate the identification, analysis, profiling and mapping BU community development stakeholders for the group by supporting the development /building of harmonious and sustainable relations with the BU's community development stakeholders to ensure identification and effective delivery of community development projects.
- Support and develop understanding of BU's community development stakeholders' expectations, concerns, needs and views on regulatory issues, socio- economic development, social challenges and the BU's socio-economic development efforts.
- Track community stakeholders' perceptions/opinions relating to AfriSams and the BU's community development initiatives. Increase community stakeholders' understanding of AfriSam/BUs.
- Report on stakeholder interactions and outcomes as well as stakeholder issues and concerns.
- Facilitate the management of service providers incl. costs, delivery, quality etc. Address performance issues to ensure seamless service delivery and adherence to AfriSam governance.
- Manage a high performance team of professionals
- Encourage and maintain a culture that focuses on health and safety in all operations through compliance to healthy environment and safe operations practices, policies and procedures in line with set standards.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Social Science or B Degree
- Certificate First Line Management (Essential/Minimum)
- Certificate Project Management (Recommended/Desirable)
- Certificate in Stakeholder Management (Recommended/Desirable)
- 5 Years relevant experience in community development including practical/hands-on project development, management and implementation, budget management and stakeholder engagement. Business development/ enterprise development experience
Skills and Knowledge:
- In-depth understanding of Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act (MPRDA)/ Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE)/Social and Labour Plan (SLP) guidelines/Local Economic Development (LED) national framework/mining charter/municipality's Integrated Development Plans (IDP) etc.
- Creativity, collaboration, sociable and awareness to the ecosystem
- Stewardship, accountability, ability to develop trust, safety conscious and ethical
- Ability to respond quickly to business needs/agility, flexibility, continuous learning, innovation and proven ability to experiment on creative business solutions
- Ability to be inclusive, eagerness for multiple skills, embraces multiple cultures, accepts different approaches and be human-centric/empathetic
- Results oriented, quality driven, excellence, entrepreneurial abilities, efficient and effective
Applicants must inform their immediate Manager of their interest in the vacancy. Please forward your application and rÃ©sumÃ© to email@example.com