HeaderAfriSam (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd is one of the largest suppliers of construction-related materials, specialising in the production of Cement, Aggregate and Readymix Concrete. Operating in five Southern African countries, the company offers a wide scope of career opportunities and exposure to best practices. At AfriSam (South Africa) we recognise that talented and enthusiastic people are the basis of our ongoing success.
The successful candidate will be on a development programme for 18 months to 2 years which may be extended as required. The development programme encompasses the following:
- Effectively managing Aggregate Operations to satisfy customer needs and achieve profitable targets.
- Ensure that the product quality meets requirements and that quantities required by the market are available at all times.
- Managing the maintenance, operation of the plant and equipment to ensure maximum availability and utilization.
- Leading and manage people to achieve performance objectives.
- Ensuring that safety, health, environmental, quality requirements and initiatives are effectively implemented at the operations and adhered to at all times.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Diploma or degree in Mining / Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- 2 - 3 years experience in a mining / quarry environment with exposure to production efficiencies, operational costs and people management.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, SAP).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Analytical, problem solving skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Suitable candidates will be sourced from the AfriSam succession pool where possible but the Company welcomes applications from other internal candidates who feel that they meet the requirement criteria.
Applicants must inform their immediate Manager of their interest in the vacancy. Please forward you application and resume to at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The candidate will be required to move to various operations in the KZN region as required.
This position is earmarked for Women in Mining.